- College Council is the elected group from the College who jointly oversees the activities of EIU and establishes policies and guidelines and monitors progress report.
- The Head of Unit Supervises both sections and Support Team. The assistant head supports the head in his duties.
- The EIU team constitutes three sections:
- Academic Team: provides one to one guidance sessions or workshops on technical and consultancy support for students.
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation supports Forums: Provide Technical Support about
the applicability of the project in the local Omani Market.
- Private sector: collaborates with students in identifying successful business ideas through research.
- The unit compromises of three sections; innovative section, entrepreneurship section and industrial partnership.
Innovation section: spark the drive of developing new products and services or ways to do business. It pushes creativity, development, and thinking outside the box.
Entrepreneurship section: is responsible to assist students in applying the innovative business ideas in real business environment.
Industrial Partnership: encourages establishment of network for those interested partnership and share technical and official.
Terms of Reference:
- College Council
- College Council oversees the activities of Entrepreneurship and Innovation Unit and establishes its policies and monitors its progress.
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation Unit
- Maintain cooperative relationship with entrepreneurs regarding technical and logistical support.
- Maintain confidentiality in information and data exchange.
- Organize external entrepreneurial training to attain recent market trends.
- Increase Students’ awareness on entrepreneurship.
- Organize one to one technical coaching sessions by academic committee.
- Industrial partnership
- Share entrepreneurship experience in real market with students.
- Attend as guest lecturers for the college’s workshops and presentations.
- Coordinate with EIU for other services to be provided.
- Attend student’s business plan presentation for financial approval.
- Provide practical technical knowledge about the local Omani market.
- Prepare their business plans using the available resources in the College or EIU.
- Apply business concepts relevant to real business environment
- Establish network required for technical and financial support
- Research consumers’ demands to identify the current trends.
- Strengthen relationship through meetings and entrepreneurship and innovation forum
- Showcase their business in college campus.