The Math Help Center (MHC)
Our goal is to provide non-judgmental support for students outside their teaching departments, one-to-one attention for students facing difficulties in mathematics, pleasant environment where students can work, study and discuss with each other.
BUILDING NO: 4, FLAT NO: 7, STAFF ROOM:307 (MHC/SEMINAR Room)
MATH Help Center Guidelines
Students should know that
- MHC is designed to help the students to become independent learners.
- MHC is not a replacement for attending classes.
- Tutoring is available for all MATH students
- Tutors do not teach entire sections or concepts.
- Tutors may not sit with you individually for long periods of time.
- Tutors will not discuss any students’ concerns regarding a particular instructor and these concerns should be addressed with the Math Section Head.
- Tutors may help you to improve problem solving skills and assist with roadblocks, but they should not be expected to verify accuracy or check assignments.
Guidelines for students
- When you arrive at MHC, you can write your name in the registration book and sign.
- To avoid wasting your time, put bookmark at the pages relating to your questions and make a list of questions you want to ask.
- Try to show to the teachers a sample of what you have tried to do, so that he or she may try to diagnose your problems.
- Talk and work with other students in the MHC those have similar questions.
- Don't wait until exam weeks to come in, to the MHC. There will be more opportunities for individual attention in the non-exam weeks.
- Check the MHC’s schedule for special review sessions that may be available for your course.
- If a particular style does not work for you, please come back at another time and try working with another tutor.
For Further details, kindly contact:
Mr. Philip M Abraham, Coordinator, Math Help Centre
Ms.Mini Punnoli, Head of Math Section